Sr. Sharon will be retiring from Blessed John Paul II Parish Ministry in August. Southtowns Catholic School wishes to thank her for her years of being part of our school. On Friday, May 31, after our school Mass, we will hold a thank you Continenal Breakfast for all she has done for us. We will miss her dearly. Please join us if you can.
Southtowns Catholic School puts the "S C S" in SUCCESS
Interested? Call the School Office for Registration Information and a Tour 627-5011
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE A CATHOLIC SCHOOL
1 Catholic Tradition and academic excellence in a community grounded in faith
2 Balanced curriculum that includes art, music, foreign language and fitness
3 Emphasis on moral development, service to others and leadership skills
4 A 99% graduation rate from High School
5 Strong preparation for further education
6 Safe and disciplined environment
7 Exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential
8 Individual attention in a caring community
9 Commitment to technology use to enhance education
10 Good stewardship of resources
Catholic Education has been a part of our community since 1946!
- We have a 3 year old & 4 year old preschool class
- Small class sizes
- Spanish K-8th, Art, Science lab, Instrumental lessons, National Junior Honor Society, AP Math, Field Trips & Weekly student focused liturgy Mass.
- Full Time Nursing Staff
- After School Child Care until 6pm daily
- Remedial & Resource center. Speech, OT & PT available on site.
- Integrated technology classrooms with SMART Boards, computers & Apple iPads.
- We offer Basketball, Soccer, Track, Baseball, Softball and Hockey as early as Kindergarten.
- Teacher webpages
- Tuition assistance is available
- Catholic school graduates received $131 million in college scholarships for 2011-2012.
- 98% of Catholic high school graduates go to college
- Catholic elementary students in the Diocese of Buffalo score as much as 33% higher on language arts and 22% higher on math than their public school peers.
- We have 2 fully enclosed playgrounds. One for preschool and one for the elementary school.
- Fully handicapped accessible building.
- Shadowing SCS Classroom is available throughout the school year.
We teach inside and outside the classroom
This year, every grade level from Preschool through Grade 8 attended different field trips throughout the year. We got to experience: First Niagara Center rally, Niagara University, Buffalo Historical Society, The Buffalo Zoo (special older grade tour), The Lakeview Fire Hall, The Pumpkin Farm, Shea's, Botanical Gardens, BPO, Buffalo CIty Hall, St. Francis HS Play, Buffalo Museum of Science, Canalside, Braymiller's lanes, First Niagara Center (tour of the building and Buffalo Sabres lockers), Buffalo Zoo (preschool), Chiavetta's Greenhouse (Spring and Fall) & Zittel's Flower Shop. (and we aren't done yet!)
Educating for Faith, Family & Future
Interested in touring or enrolling? Call 627-5011 for more information
More Information on Admission & Registration on our Registration page.
Mrs. MacDonald, Principal, is available for tours and information about Southtowns Catholic School.
Open to students of all faiths and cultures, a Catholic education prepares your child for all of life’s tests. Catholic school students receive superior academic instruction infused with Christian values. Academically, our students benefit from small class sizes and experienced, caring faculty. Tuition assistance is available, and students may receive free busing.
Parish, School, Athletics and Gym Reservations ~ At a Glance: go to blessedjpii.org and click on Calendars and Events. On Southtowns Catholic Website you can view the School Calendar or the Athletic Calendar by clicking either on the left side menu. Check frequently because both are updated regularly.
Beginning Wednesday, January 3, the school entrance doors will not be unlocked until 7:20 am for bus arrivals. Early Bird Drop Off will now be at 7:10. Please drop off your child at the front entrance and wait for Mrs. Knopeck to "buzz" him or her in. School doors will be locked at 8 am for the rest of the day. Please see the Principal's Message on our website for more information.