Summer seems to be flying by. Here is an update of what is happening at SCS.
Miss McIntyre got married in June. We wish her much joy and happiness. Unfortunately, for us, she was called back to Frontier to teach. Our big loss and their gain. We will miss her.
Miss Amber Kelly has joined our teaching staff as the Middle School ELA/Lit and Gr. 6 Social Studies teacher. She is getting married in August. Once school starts her married name will be Mrs. Friend.
Mrs. Elizabeth Schanbacher has been hired as our Technology Coordinator and Teacher. She will also wear the hat of Assistant Principal. Mrs. Schanbacher was the Diocesan Assistant Superintendent of Technology.
Mrs. Amy Munoz, St. John Paul II Parish Music Director, will be teaching Music to Prek 4 to Grade 3.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.
Congratulations SCS Kindergarten Class 2014
Southtowns Catholic School has openings for new students at every grade level, PreK 3 - Grade 8. However, there is a waiting list for Grade 1. Call the school office for more infomation.
Please call 627-5011 for more information on registration, to schedule a shadow day for your child or a school tour.
Tuition assistance is available, upon request, to all qualified famiies.
Southtowns Catholic School puts the "S C S" in SUCCESS
Interested? Call the School Office for Registration Information and a Tour 627-5011
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE A CATHOLIC SCHOOL
1 Catholic Tradition and academic excellence in a community grounded in faith
2 Balanced curriculum that includes art, music, foreign language and fitness
3 Emphasis on moral development, service to others and leadership skills
4 A 99% graduation rate from High School
5 Strong preparation for further education
6 Safe and disciplined environment
7 Exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential
8 Individual attention in a caring community
9 Commitment to technology use to enhance education
10 Good stewardship of resources
Catholic Education has been a part of our community since 1946!
- We have a 3 year old & 4 year old preschool class
- Small class sizes
- Spanish K-8th, Art, Science lab, Instrumental lessons, National Junior Honor Society, AP Math, Field Trips & Weekly student focused liturgy Mass.
- Full Time Nursing Staff
- After School Child Care until 6pm daily
- Remedial & Resource center. Speech, OT & PT available on site.
- Integrated technology classrooms with SMART Boards, computers & Apple iPads.
- We offer Basketball, Soccer, Track, Baseball, Softball and Hockey as early as Kindergarten.
- Teacher webpages
- Tuition assistance is available
- Catholic school graduates received $131 million in college scholarships for 2011-2012.
- 98% of Catholic high school graduates go to college
- Catholic elementary students in the Diocese of Buffalo score as much as 33% higher on language arts and 22% higher on math than their public school peers.
- We have 2 fully enclosed playgrounds. One for preschool and one for the elementary school.
- Fully handicapped accessible building.
- Shadowing SCS Classroom is available throughout the school year.
We teach inside and outside the classroom
This year, every grade level from Preschool through Grade 8 attended 22 different field trips throughout the year. We got to experience: First Niagara Center rally, Niagara University, Buffalo Historical Society, The Buffalo Zoo (special older grade tour), The Lakeview Fire Hall, The Pumpkin Farm, Shea's, Botanical Gardens, BPO, Buffalo CIty Hall, St. Francis HS Play, Buffalo Museum of Science, Canalside, Braymiller's lanes, First Niagara Center (tour of the building and Buffalo Sabres lockers), Buffalo Zoo (preschool), Chiavetta's Greenhouse (Spring and Fall), Zittel's Flower Shop, Darien Lake, Fantasy Island, Sky Zone & Wegmans!
Educating for Faith, Family & Future
Interested in touring or enrolling? Call 627-5011 for more information
More Information on Admission & Registration on our Registration page.
Mrs. MacDonald, Principal, is available for tours and information about Southtowns Catholic School.
Open to students of all faiths and cultures, a Catholic education prepares your child for all of life’s tests. Catholic school students receive superior academic instruction infused with Christian values. Academically, our students benefit from small class sizes and experienced, caring faculty. Tuition assistance is available, and students may receive free busing.
Parish, School, Athletics and Gym Reservations ~ At a Glance: go to blessedjpii.org and click on Calendars and Events. On Southtowns Catholic Website you can view the School Calendar or the Athletic Calendar by clicking either on the left side menu. Check frequently because both are updated regularly.